New Philadelphia is committed to serving our neighbors by being active in the surrounding community of South Fork and beyond.
Members participate in annual events that support South Fork Elementary, such as our Scholastic Book Fair and a special 4th Grade Christmas Lovefeast, as well as our 12 Days of Service where we devote our service to a different organization/effort for the first twelve days of December.
This is an update from our February meeting:
- Thank you to all who sent in items for the South Fork Sweetheart Dance on February 7th. We provided almost 400 Capri Suns, over 250 small waters, and tons of candy for their event. The New Friendship Class also provided donuts and dinner for the SFE staff.
- NPMC will host a Scholastic Book Fair March 7th & 8th in the Banquet Room. The book fair benefits South Fork Elementary and books will be available to purchase for the SFE students and/or library. Saturday hours are 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (during the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby) and Sunday hours are 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. This is open to the public. Please come and support our book drive for SFE.
- March 20 – We will provide breakfast for the SFE teachers. Please watch for an email with sign-up information as well as on the church website.
- April – During the month of April, we will collect testing supplies for the school. This includes No. 2 pencils, Paper, Tissues & Hand Sanitizer.
- May – In May we will collect toothbrushes & toothpaste for SFE. We would like to supply each student with a toothbrush/toothpaste as they head home for summer. There are approx 562 students. If you have a connection with a local dentist, we would love donations from them.
Our next meeting is tentatively planned for March 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Friendship Room. We are hoping to have guest Rev. Chaz Snider (associate pastor at Calvary Moravian) discuss a community Blessing Box, which contains food items for those in need, that was established while he was at Ardmore Moravian in October 2017. To read more about this click here: https://www.journalnow.com/news/local/winston-salem-church-s-blessing-box-provides-free-food-for/article_d7a9c4ee-3b08-57b6-95bf-a7f17743ad8c.html or here
https://www.moravian.org/2018/06/box-provides-blessings-to-winston-salem-neighborhood/ Our group is considering establishing a blessing box for the South Fork community.
We invite all members to be a part of this growing outreach ministry. Please use this form to sign-up
If you are interested in assisting with any of our outreach directed at South Fork Elementary, you will need to complete a volunteer application through the Winston-Salem Forsyth County School System which can be accessed here.
The South Fork Outreach Ministry meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month in the Friendship Room. All Are Welcome!