In an earlier bulletin, we mentioned that the church will need a Transition Team to coordinate the Intentional Interim Ministry process. This group will serve to engage the congregation in the series of “modules” we will be working through over the next few months. Here are some of the specific things they will be asked to undertake:
- Decide which modules (HERITAGE, MISSION, CONNECTIONS, LEADERSHIP, and FUTURE) need the most attention – and in what order.
- Brainstorm ways to present information to and gather input from the congregation – town hall meetings, fellowships, messages, surveys, small groups, mailings, social media, etc.
- Interpret responses to the above and determine how to use them. Follow up as needed.
- Work through appropriate leadership to recommend revised organizational structures and guiding documents if applicable.
- Assist with drafting a Church Profile, a Pastor Profile, and a Short-term Ministry Plan.
- Pray, keep the momentum going, and communicate, communicate, communicate!
The Transition Team should be made up of members who are:
- highly involved in the overall life of the church,
- willing to deal with tough questions and consider a variety of perspectives,
- available to attend meetings and comfortable working in a small group setting,
- positive and creative,
- eager to engage others in the process,
- well-respected, dependable, and trustworthy, and
- committed to taking into account all ages, groups, ministries, and other aspects of New Philadelphia.
Joe Moore will be our staff liaison to the Transition Team. Please contact Larry in the church office if you have questions or need additional information.