Only 23 more “HOPING DAYS” until Christmas! Advent is a season of hope and expectation. We enter into this Advent season with faith, since we know that “faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” There are many unknowns – many things unseen – this year, but there are some things we do know:
- 12 Days of Christmas is in full swing with the Amani Shopping Party, Salvation Army bell ringing, Christmas caroling, the tree-lighting, Soup’s On, Sunnyside TP drive, send-a-card-to-a-shut-in, Samaritan Ministries dinner, deliver Lovefeast bags… so many ways to share HOPE!
- The Advent Outreach opportunity (check out the link on the website for details!)
- And here’s what’s happening on Christmas Eve, December 24:
- At 4:00 p.m. a Virtual Lovefeast will be shared on our Facebook page. Lots of people are working really hard to make this an amazing experience… wherever you are! There will be lots of beautiful music, messages from around the world, Morning Star… You can pick up your Lovefeast bags (with bun, instant coffee, creamer, sugar, a candle and a Lovefeast ode) between 10:00 a.m. and noon on Christmas Eve.
- At 6:30 p.m. there will be a Christmas Eve Worship Service. We will be FEASTING on the LOVE of Christ (instead of Lovefeast buns and coffee!) and there will be lots of music to help us experience the wonderful story of the birth of Jesus.
- At 8:00 p.m. there will be an outdoor Christmas Eve fellowship gathering – a more informal time to simply and safely be together with music, lights, refreshments, even candles!
So we HOPE that you will take advantage of these opportunities to experience the PEACE, LOVE and JOY of this Advent season!