We (Women’s Fellowship) NEED Your Help!
NEEDED HOLIDAY (ANY) DECORATION ITEMS
Santas * snowmen * Easter * décor * pumpkins * scarecrows * flags * angels * reindeer * clothes * accessories * jewelry * ornaments * trees * home décor * decorations * ceramics * Moravian items * linens * dishes one-of-a-kind items
If you have these items lying around your home, we sure could use them – plus Ziplock bags (all sizes), tissue paper (for wrapping), and grocery bags.
If you would like to help Women’s Fellowship with sorting and pricing we would love to have you.
Bring your donations to the Fellowship Hall (stage area)
Wednesday, November 2, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday, November 3, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, November 4, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Jane Shore 336-403-4407 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becky Ward 336-659-9784 email@example.com
Pray Every Day August 2022
- Rise up and help us; redeem us because of your unfailing love. Pray for Michael and Brenda Brent in Croatia.
- In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Pray for Charlie and Vicki Brent in Texas.
- For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure. Pray for the government leaders in our country.
- Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. Pray for Safiatu Braima and Sierra Leone.
- For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Pray for the Moravians in Peru.
- For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king, it is he who will save us. Pray for Moravians in Cuba and the Armando Rusindo Foundation.
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Pray for the Moravians in Honduras and Nicaragua.
- Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Pray for the Teshes in Kenya and Ray of Hope.
- So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty. Pray for the Thiessens in Canada.
- For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness. Pray for the Sineaths in Campus Outreach.
- I will set a sign among them and I will send them to the nations. They will proclaim my glory among the nations. Pray for the work of the Unity Women’s Desk.
- I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Pray for Steve and Ann Marx with Mission Aviation Fellowship.
- The Lord is my portion therefore I will wait for him. Pray for the Harrisons with Greek Intervarsity.
- For God so loved the world he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Pray for Alan and DeeDee Iobst in France.
- That joy is mine and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less. Pray for the Board of World Mission.
- I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. Pray for Annie B Missions and Star Mountain.
- I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Pray for Kevin and Charity in the Middle East.
- They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Pray for Brian and Heather Marx with Mission Aviation Fellowship.
- Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Pray for the Hoffmans in HIV/AIDS Ministry.
- Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Pray for the refugees and displaced persons in Ukraine.
- Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Pray for Adopt A Village in Tanzania.
- Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice Hospitality. Pray for Phil and Eunice Raiford in Mexico.
- The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building. Pray for the Rajpur Foster Child Project.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Pray for PEC members, bishops and other church leaders.
- And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Pray for the Clinica Evangelica Morava in Ahaus.
- Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. Pray for seminarians and candidates for ordination.
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Pray for short term mission teams.
- I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Pray for students returning to school.
- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Pray for disaster relief workers.
- Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross. Pray for firefighters and police officers.
- The Lord is good, his mercy endures forever. Pray for Estamos Unidos Moravian Ministry.
In June, the American Red Cross collected approximately 12% fewer blood donations than needed to sustain a sufficient blood supply − one of the largest blood donation shortfalls in one month in recent years. That fact alone should be enough to convince any healthy donation able person to donate a pint of their precious blood. But apparently it isn’t. So the Red Cross offers incentives like the $10 gift card to everyone who successfully donates at our next drive. And if that isn’t enough – everyone who donates will be entered in a contest (Nationwide) to win “Free gas for a year!” That could be up to a $6,000 value. So is that what a pint of blood is worth? Of course not. You and I both know it’s worth far more. Come, donate!
Michael Crane will be available to sign you up between the conclusion of the 9:30 a.m. service and Sunday School in the Friendship Room for the next two Sundays.
Sunday, August 21st 2022 | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | New Philadelphia Moravian Church, Winston-Salem, NC
We are so excited to bring you this year’s Moravian Children’s Festival! This year’s event will be a partnership with South Fork Elementary where Moravians and South Fork families can celebrate together and begin the school year in a truly Moravian way.
The afternoon begins at New Philadelphia where the Gray family and friends will start us off with music and sing-a-longs.
Festivities begin with a formal welcome to the festival and a visit from Brother John Amos Comenius, the father of modern education and picture books!
There will be several activity stations to visit including a Story and Stretch yoga story, a read aloud of the storybook When God Made the World, a craft of making backpack tags, a cup decorating activity that will be used in the closing in a motion game, other fun game stations, and the making of the commemorative piece for the festival for the Moravian Archives.
All activities will end at 3:30 p.m. with a gathering for the closing litany for the school year and a chance to learn about the Moravian tradition of Cup of Covenant with our decorated cups, praying together for a kind and successful school year.
All events will be outside activities! There will not be the traditional Lovefeast, but we will end with the Cup of Covenant service.
Be sure to put it on your calendar and bring your friends along for a fun afternoon to re-gather in a safe place after a couple years of the pandemic! Please contact the Commission on Congregational Development for any questions you may have.
All are welcome to join as we make candles:
- Friday, August 26, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 27, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 28, beginning after Sunday school until we clean-up
On the job training, NO experience needed!
Jobs include – cutting string * making putty balls * stringing molds * pulling candles * sizing candles * finishing candles * packing candles * clean-up
Questions? Contact Jane Shore at 336-403-4407
You can do this! Come and have good fellowship! See you the last weekend in August.
Classroom Supply Offering at the Children’s Festival – August 21
As a blessing for the South Fork teachers, we are collecting classroom supplies, the things that teachers end up buying out of their own pockets for their student’s use, for example:
- hand sanitizer
- dry erase markers
We will collect them from now until the event so let’s shower the teachers with our blessings of these items! Boxes are in the vestibule and Commons area