This Sunday – the 3rd Sunday in Lent – we’ll take a look at some verses in Isaiah 55 and Luke 13 and we’ll explore some difficult questions that these passages raise:
- WHY? Seriously, WHY?
- Does EVERYTHING really happen for a REASON?
- If something bad happens to me, is it because of sin? Always? (hmm, did you ever read the book of Job?) And, if so, WHOSE sin?
- Is there such a thing as “WORSE SINNERS?”
- Who is the “EVERYONE” that Isaiah invites to the banquet and who are the “ALL” that Jesus says need to repent or perish?
- If DIGGING around a fig tree and putting MANURE on it helps it bear fruit, what kind of “stuff” that happens to us might help to make our lives more fruitful?
- And the BIG question: Can we ever really understand how AMAZING God’s GRACE is?