If you are spring cleaning, and are not sure what to do with your discards, please remember the New Friendship class is having their semi-annual yard sale on Saturday, May 14th from 7 am until noon.
You can bring your yard sale items to the picnic shelter after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13th.
If you need to get rid of your items earlier, please contact Beth Byrd, or any other member of the New Friendship class to make arrangements to store the items until the sale.
Past proceeds have gone to many local missions, including Sunnyside, Laurel Ridge, the Blessing Box, and many others.
Items we do not accept:
- Damaged or soiled upholstered furniture (sofas, chairs, etc.)
- Damaged or soiled wood furniture (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Damaged or soiled mattresses and box springs
- Non-working or moldy refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners
- Pornographic material
- Beer/liquor logo clocks, clothing, mugs, etc.
- Appliances stored outside the house
- Alcoholic beverages
- Newspapers/ magazines
- Tires and auto parts
- Cleaning supplies and other chemicals
- Any items stored where they are exposed to moisture (mold and mildew issues)
- Any item that is damaged or broken
- TV’s that do not work properly (must be less than 7 years old and flat-screen)
- Console TV’s
- Drop side cribs
- Lawnmowers and other gasoline powered equipment
- Organs/pianos (does not include portable electronic keyboards)
- Large office desks (larger than 30” X 60” excluding modular styles)
- Unframed mirrors
- Glucose testers or similar devices
- Potty chairs (adult and children’s)
- Any item having bugs of any type (roaches, bedbugs, ants, lice, etc.)
- Wet clothing