New Philadelphia Moravian Church
Discovery Class 20th Annual Golf Tournament
Friday, May 31
Sign up early to ensure your team plays!
come kick off your summer with 3 or more of your best pals at the beautiful Pudding Ridge Golf Course while supporting a great cause. Single player? Sign up and we’ll find you a team if you don’t have a foursome.
Again this year: Putting Contest – Two putts for $5! Most points receive 1/2 of the cash pot and a designated charity receives the other 1/2. You may participate as many times as you wish.
The Winning Team is awarded trophies and top prizes – prizes for men & women for longest drive and closest to the pin!
All golfers are encourage to purchase 2 mulligans for $5 each.
- Registration begins at 12 p.m.
- Lunch begins at 12:30 p.m.
- Shotgun start at 2 p.m.
- $60 per player (includes lunch -catered by REAL Q)
- Captain’s Choir format
- Sign up to play by Tuesday, May 21
To sign up click HERE – make checks payable to NPMC Discovery Class
Thank you to Denise Hunt for capturing our band members on Easter morning!
In an earlier bulletin, we mentioned that the church will need a Transition Team to coordinate the Intentional Interim Ministry process. This group will serve to engage the congregation in the series of “modules” we will be working through over the next few months. Here are some of the specific things they will be asked to undertake:
- Decide which modules (HERITAGE, MISSION, CONNECTIONS, LEADERSHIP, and FUTURE) need the most attention – and in what order.
- Brainstorm ways to present information to and gather input from the congregation – town hall meetings, fellowships, messages, surveys, small groups, mailings, social media, etc.
- Interpret responses to the above and determine how to use them. Follow up as needed.
- Work through appropriate leadership to recommend revised organizational structures and guiding documents if applicable.
- Assist with drafting a Church Profile, a Pastor Profile, and a Short-term Ministry Plan.
- Pray, keep the momentum going, and communicate, communicate, communicate!
We’d like to get the Transition Team in place soon. Beginning next Sunday morning (March 31) and continuing through April 14 (Palm Sunday), the congregation will have an opportunity to recommend individuals they think should be part of this important team. Please make this a matter of much thought and prayer. And consider the characteristics below as you think of the persons you will suggest. The Transition Team should be made up of members who are:
- highly involved in the overall life of the church,
- willing to deal with tough questions and consider a variety of perspectives,
- available to attend meetings and comfortable working in a small group setting,
- positive and creative,
- eager to engage others in the process,
- well-respected, dependable, and trustworthy, and
- committed to taking into account all ages, groups, ministries, and other aspects of New Philadelphia.
Once the recommendations close on Palm Sunday, our Joint Boards will tally the results and determine who will be invited to participate. Joe Moore will be our staff liaison to the Transition Team. Please contact Larry in the church office if you have questions or need additional information.
The Funtastics will begin 2019 with a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast at the IHOP Restaurant in Clemmons. You can meet at the restaurant on Tuesday, March 5 at 9:00 AM or at the Church at 8:40 AM. This year, there will be a cost of $5.00 per person, but you may order anything you like from the regular menu. The Funtastics will pay for the meal plus gratuities. There may be a special activity to wile away your time while you wait for your breakfast. The restaurant is located about two blocks North of Interstate 40 off Lewisville-Clemmons Road. In addition to breakfast, there will be a short preview of some of the planned events for 2019. Register with the Church office by March 4 if you plan to attend.
New Philly Variety Show
January 27, 2019 | 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Warm up your vocal cords! Dust off your nose flute! Polish up your disco moves – whatever your talent or gift, get ready to share it! The Variety Show is an opportunity for anyone at New Philadelphia to share their talent with others in the congregation. As a result, it’s sure to be a fun time for everyone.
So whether your gift is individual or group, serious or just plain silly, get ready to unleash it on the congregation! Adult Sunday School classes, start planning your act now!
Young/Older, Serious/Silly Performance/Art
This evening will also feature an art gallery to showcase the talents of our visual artists. So, get ready to display your sketches, paintings, pottery, etc. for the congregation to admire!