Semi-Annual Shredding Event
Safe and secure professional shredding…
This year we offer TWO shredding trucks!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT – 12 PM EDT
Enter from Kilpatrick St. and drive thru – we unload – you don’t even have to get out of your car!
Only $5 per box (or bag)!
Sponsored by the Advent Sunday school class. Proceeds benefit outreach ministries of the Moravian Church
The New Friendship class will hold its Yard Sale on Saturday, September 25 from 7 a.m. – Noon at the church pavilion.
The class uses the proceeds to support numerous missions throughout the year, including City with Dwellings, Tunnel to Towers, Ekissa (pronounced Etch – es – sa, an African orphanage), Centers for Exceptional Children, the Blessing Box, and others.
Items we do not accept:
- Damaged or soiled upholstered furniture (sofas, chairs, etc.)
- Damaged or soiled wood furniture (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Damaged or soiled mattresses and box springs
- Non-working or moldy refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners
- Pornographic material
- Beer/liquor logo clocks, clothing, mugs, etc.
- Appliances stored outside the house
- Alcoholic beverages
- Newspapers/ magazines
- Tires and auto parts
- Cleaning supplies and other chemicals
- Any items stored where they are exposed to moisture (mold and mildew issues)
- Any item that is damaged or broken
- TV’s that do not work properly (must be less than 7 years old and flat-screen)
- Console TV’s
- Drop side cribs
- Lawnmowers and other gasoline powered equipment
- Organs/pianos (does not include portable electronic keyboards)
- Large office desks (larger than 30” X 60” excluding modular styles)
- Unframed mirrors
- Glucose testers or similar devices
- Potty chairs (adult and children’s)
- Any item having bugs of any type (roaches, bedbugs, ants, lice, etc.)
- Wet clothing
The New Philly Farmers Market will be held October 14, 21, 28, 2021. We are excited to invite outside vendors to be apart of this market, as well as members of NPMC who grow or create their own product. We will have a variety of vendors as well as music and food trucks.
New Philadelphia Moravian Church
4440 Country Club Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
Thursday October 14, 21, 28
Booth fees will be $15 per week or $40 for 3 weeks. There is no application fee.
Vendors will provide their own tent (if you choose to use one) and at least 20lb weights for each leg. All vendors will be set up outside.
Categories include but not limited to: produce, baked goods, natural products, sewn crafts, pottery & jewelry.
Please no direct sales.
Visit the New Philly Farmers Market Facebook page for updates!
Mark your calendars now for some real entertainment!
Join us LIVE at The Gathering on Thursday, September 23 at 7:00 p.m. as we welcome The Moravian Buns.
You’ll have your spirits lifted with camp songs, praise music, and good ol’ ‘Golden Oldies’.
Come enjoy a time of family fun, food, and fellowship; bring blanket or lawn chair – we’ll have AUTHENTIC Moravian Lovefeast Buns, coffee, and juice available for you!
Please join us this Sunday, September 12 at 9:30 a.m., for a service of reflection and remembrance.
We pray that it will be a time for hope and healing. In-person worshippers will receive a Lovefeast bun to take with them along with a short prayer guide entitled, “Eat. Pray. Reflect.”
The choir will sing the Kyrie from “Memorial,” a powerful prayer for peace and mercy.
The service will be a reminder that in the midst of difficult circumstances we can cry out to God together and find strength and comfort.