Am I My Sisters’ Keeper? A Report on the 4th Unity Women’s Consultation
Where: New Philadelphia Moravian Church
When: June 26, 2016 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Join the Unity Women’s Desk of the Moravian Church for a report on the progress, proposals, and stories of the 4th Unity Women’s Consultation hosted in Paramaribo, Suriname in February 2016.
Handbell Director Job Description
New Philadelphia Moravian Church is seeking a Handbell Director for our adult handbell choir. The choir plays 3-5 octave repertoire monthly at either our 9:00 or 11:10 a.m. Sunday worship service, and is comprised of players with a variety of skill levels and music reading ability. The right candidate will be able to teach effectively to people of all skill levels and lead with enthusiasm. A new director will begin leading regular rehearsals in August 2016.
The Handbell Director reports to the Director of Music.
- The Handbell Director is the conductor of our adult handbell choir.
- Select music appropriate to the needs of the worship service and the skill level and interest of the players.
- Schedule and lead all rehearsals for the adult handbell choir, coordinating setup with the Facility Manager, as appropriate.
- Schedule and conduct all adult handbell choir performances during the church program year, September through May.
- Prepare small groups as needed for hymn descants, accompaniments with the Chancel Choir, and other special music events as needed by the Director of Music.
- Organize and maintain the handbell choir music library.
- Oversee the maintenance of the handbell choir equipment.
- Periodically lead a “Handbell Boot Camp” session, designed to recruit and train new potential ringers for the adult handbell choir.
- Explore the possibility of starting a youth handbell choir.
- Rehearsal begins in August and runs through the May performance annually
- The adult handbell choir rehearses weekly on Wednesday evenings 5-6 p.m.
- Performance monthly at either our 9:00 or 11:10 a.m. Sunday worship service
- Special music presentations during liturgical seasons (e.g. Christmas Eve lovefeast)
- 5 octaves of Malmark Handbells with cases (last serviced Feb. 2011)
- C4 – G7 Suzuki Handchimes with cases (last serviced Feb. 2011)
- C3 – B3 – Malmark Handchimes (last serviced Feb. 2011)
- 12 Acrylic risers and 12 Handbell notebooks
- Attire (vest, gloves)
- Singing bell dowels
- Rock-a-bell (3)
- Mallets (full set)
- Permanently designated Bell Loft in the sanctuary
- Permanently designated Bell Room for practice
- 3 Handbell carts
- Knowledge and skill in directing and teaching handbell choirs.
- Knowledge of music regarding appropriateness for liturgical seasons and level of skill of the handbell choir members.
- Good communication, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
Send cover letter and résumé to:
Jessica Beaver, Human Resources Advisory Committee
New Philadelphia Moravian Church
4440 Country Club Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants begins June 5. The position will remain open until filled.
Online giving is now available at New Philadelphia. We are excited to offer you a new and more convenient method of contributing to the Church. The Automated Church Systems Access PayPlus Plan enables members and nonmembers to give online through our website (newphilly.org). You may set up a one-time gift or a recurring donation. Major credit cards are accepted. The system also enables you to set up your account to automatically process gifts directly from checking or savings account on the date of your choice.
Continue reading Online Giving!
Did you know this site is linked to our official Church Calendar? It is. Go to the “Events” tab on the top menu. When it drops down select “Calendar.” You will be taken to a view of the day’s events. You can then use the appropriate arrows, or the drop down menu to select the day and time of your choosing. Never miss a meeting again.
Enter your email address click the button to receive notifications of new posts by email. The email is automatically generated each time a new announcement is placed on this site. You can unsubscribe at any time. The Email you receive will resemble the picture above. Your email address is absolutely secure, and will not be used for any other purpose.
Submit your news article to submit@NewPhilly.Org. We will do our best to give your event full overage.If you include pictures related to your event in your email we will try to use them. Send pictures in a horizontal format that is at least 900 pixels wide and not more than 1200 pixel wide in medium quality. Send only pictures that you have taken. Send only 1, 2, or 3 of your best photo’s from any event. Send no pictures that could embarass an individual in your party. Send no pictures that reveal anyone’s name—-such as an individual wearing a name. We reserve the right to Crop, Edit, or Not Use any pictures submitted. Your email should not exceed 1 Megabyte in size. Questions? Call our Administrative Assistant, Rachel Weavil, in the church office at 336-765-2331. Thank-you for your submission.
PS: We wish to thank Emma for the use of her beautiful drawing!